Thursday, July 16, 2015

My Journey Towards Spirituality PT2

My time spent readjusting my mental processes was a long one, still is but things are looking on the up and up. However well I was feeling something was missing, something I needed in my life to make all the ends tie up.

I love the notion of witchcraft, I just never really looked into it till a about a few months back. Wiccan, hedge witches, kitchen witchery and green witch craft; I found so many blogs, Tumblr posts, Pintrest posts (let's not judge here) and IG things. I found that world so keyed on empowerment, not to destroy or hex someone like how most media views us but on a divine level. Teachings on love, thankfulness and protecting family units.

Witchcraft is a very personal and very internal thing. It's about the power of spirit, positive and focused mental agility and realizing we are part of nature. Honestly, I believe humans forget how incredible life is and where we came from.

It has gotten me to release my negativity and on really bad days it has been a safe harbor to immerse myself in. It's taught me patience, creative thought and to keep busy with constructive hobbies like gardening.

I began looking up spells, the meaning of colors, the ancient meanings and significance of herbs. I found that you can make the tools of your rites and spells from anything you find. there's no need to go on Amazon, Etsy or any other shop to find items to start practicing. Let the items find you! Seriously, its free and it will have more meaning =)

I needed an alter, a place of clean sacredness to perform spells and charge my items. I love going to the beach and here in Okinawa there is plenty of  things to pilfer at the beaches. So I went combing and found a plank of wood, my wand and many shells and sea glass that I use as offerings, vessels and part of spells. The wand took a few days to deliberate on, I found mine in a big pile of twigs and drift wood on the beach. I picked up all would be prospects then placed it all where I found them and went home. The twig that stuck with me the most was the one for me. Two days later I went back to the beach and found the one. You can find all that you need in a park, beach, forest...etc.

The only items I do buy are candles and incense, I splurge on those things. I do sometimes use herbs instead when I have serious work to do.

I perform a lot of candle prayers, charm making, and rituals to cleanse and protect my home and family. I don't really do much more other than lighting candles to honor my grandmother and the goddess. I make offerings when I can and meditate as much as possible.

I think most people would be disappointed to find I am a rather plain and boring witch.

I don't dress up in robes, I don't carry bottles and charms on my person and I don't advertise what I do in my home. It's all very personal and only meant for me.

The path of the witch has enhanced my application of The Secret. It's like this: positive thinking has taught me that instead of thinking of "Oh I need, Oh I want" to instead think of in terms of "I HAVE, and I WILL HAVE" or "the Goddess will provide". The kind of signals you send out into the universe and how you feel will only return you more of what you are outputting.

I use witchcraft to give me a physical tangible thing to my adjusted mental thoughts. Performing a ritual or spell gives me strength and self awareness, a moment in time where I am different, better.

I sleep better, I feel better and I do what I can to make the world around me a good thing. No, I'm not perfect, I am human like everyone else. I can, however, change what is under my control and not wallow in whatever misery that has plagued me for the small moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment